LOTEMAX GEL (loteprednol etabonate ophthalmic gel) is used to treat inflammation and pain following eye surgery.
Important Safety Information
- LOTEMAX GEL should not be used if you have an infection in your eye.
- Before using LOTEMAX GEL, turn bottle upside down and shake once to fill the bottle tip. To avoid contamination, do not let dropper touch any surface.
- Do not wear contact lenses when using LOTEMAX GEL.
- Contact your doctor if pain develops or if redness, itching or inflammation becomes aggravated.
- If you use LOTEMAX GEL for longer than 10 days, your doctor may monitor pressure in your eye. Use of medications such as LOTEMAX GEL may result in cataract formation, or may delay healing after cataract surgery.
- The most common side effects in clinical studies were eye inflammation, eye pain and foreign body sensation.
Please click here for full Prescribing Information about LOTEMAX GEL.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088